|Mastery Program Frequently Asked Questions
Depending on what you selected you're charged either the full price or the first monthly installment upfront. You have 30 days to request cancellation and a refund of that initial payment. For recurring/monthly billing, you can cancel at any time to stop future billing, but we do not offer refunds once billing runs.
Q: Can I cancel at any time?
Yes, you can cancel at any time to stop future monthly payments. No questions. No hassles.
Q: Can I prepay and get a discount?
Yes. Once you click "Add to cart" – as if you're subscribing monthly – you'll be invited to prepay. Here are the prepaid prices:
Silver program: $167 (saves you $52.67)
Q: What if I don't have a credit card?
If you're concerned about credit card safety, we use Authorize.net, which is a
higher level solution than Paypal. You can read about their security measures
If you have a debit card, you can enroll with that. Paypal doesn't give us a way to charge recurring monthly fees.
So with Paypal, you'll need to prepay upfront. If you're not thrilled with our program, you can let us know within 30 days and we'll issue a full refund.
You can prepay for a year via paypal or mail us a check. You can mail a check to:
The Vegetarian Health Institute
Q: If I prepay can I get a refund?
Yes. You have a 30 day cancellation and refund period. After that 30 days, you are considered fully paid, you have full access to the program, and there is nothing to cancel.
Q: How do I receive the lessons?
Each time a new lesson is ready, you'll receive an email alert. Then you'll log into our password protected member site. That's where you can view and print out the lesson material, and listen to (or download) the recorded Q&A calls.
Q: Are there deadlines for reporting that I completed my homework
There are no deadlines. However, we encourage you to report back weekly.
Q: If I go on a long vacation, can I catch up when I return?
Yes. The material you haven't reviewed yet -- both the written lessons and recorded calls – will be waiting for you. There is no expiration date. So you can review them anytime.
Q: Will my email address remain private?
Absolutely. We will never share ANY of your information.
Q: Does your program include soy products?
Soy products are only used in a small fraction of our recipes. For example, just one of the 11 recipes in our Protein Lesson contains soy. Other lessons are similar. If you're vegan, for example, you'll find recipes for almond milk and vegan "cheeses" made from cashew butter and nutritional yeast. So you can get away from commercial soy cheese and soy milk.
Q: I want more time away from my computer.
Great - then download the recorded Q&A calls to your ipod (or other MP3 player) and listen "on the go".
Q: How big is the time commitment? How much work is involved?
Some students just read the lessons. Others prefer to download the recorded Q&A calls and listen "on the go". It's up to you.
The assignments don't have firm deadlines. In fact, you have your whole life to review them, because once you graduate, you'll have access to the lessons indefinitely. And since we constantly update the lessons with new research, you'll have a "living encyclopedia" at your fingertips -- forever.
Q: How does this program compare with the Plant Based Nutrition Certificate program?
1. The other program has no recipes. Our delicious recipes employ the "magic" food combinations we teach. So you absorb more vitamins and minerals from your meals.
2. The other program is strictly about nutrition and the planetary effects of your diet. Ours includes practical advice. For example, you'll learn how to save money on health food, save time in the kitchen, eat well while traveling, and overcome social challenges. You won't find topics like these in the other program
3. The other program cuts off your access after a few weeks. When you graduate from The Mastery Program, you'll have lifetime access to our lessons.
4. You can't download recordings from the other program. You can only listen while connected to the Internet. Our recorded Q&A calls can all be downloaded.
5. The other program costs about $1,200. The investment for The Mastery Program is a fraction of that.